Chi Hardware Corporation Limited is located in China, and it is a professional manufacturer of Sectional Garage door and Industrial door hardwares and also a supplier of whole set of doors.
It is a rapidly growing company
There are many types of garage doors today, including sliding garage doors, rolling garage doors, and lift garage doors. Different garage doors have different installation methods for torsion springs.The article will teach you how to install different kinds of garage door torsion springs, so that we don't have to spend money to find someone to install it.
1. The garage door is closed: one end of the torsion spring is fixed, and the other end is wound to the required number of turns for installation, then push the adjusting end of the torsion spring to the fixed end, and tighten the screws on the adjusting flange.
The number of turns of torsion spring torsion = garage door height ÷ circumference of wire wheel + preload 0.5 - 1 turn.
2. When the garage door is open: fix one end of the torsion spring, lengthen the torsion spring by 60-120mm along the adjusting end, preload it by 0.5 - 1 turns, and finally fix the adjusting end of the torsion spring on the shaft with screws.
Why are the garage door torsion springs stretched? Because in the process of door body lifting, the outer diameter of the torsion spring will become smaller and the number of turns will increase. Therefore, the spring is elongated to have a certain gap, which is convenient for lifting the door body.
Before installing the garage door torsion springs of the rolling shutter garage door, they must be stretched by 80~150mm, and then one end is fixed on the shaft, and the other end is fixed on the torsion sleeve. The shaft and the torsion sleeve are installed in the beam tube. The beam tube is firmly connected, and the rotation of the beam tube drives the torsion spring to rotate. The specific installation is as follows:
1. The closed state of the garage door: First, the beam tube is not connected with the door piece. After the beam tube drives the torsion spring to the required number of turns for installation, the door piece and the beam tube are connected.
The number of turns required for installation = the number of turns of the door piece on the girder tube + 2 to 3 turns of preload.
2. The open state of the garage door: only need to preload the torsion spring for 2 to 3 turns, and then connect the door piece and the beam steel pipe firmly.
The lifting methods are divided into three types: upper slide lifting, full vertical lifting and semi-vertical lifting. The torsion springs are installed as follows:
1. Lifting the garage door on the slideway: The installation method of the torsion spring is the same as that of the slideway garage door.
2. Lift the garage door completely vertically: the tower wheel needs to be installed to balance the torsion spring torsion and the door weight. Because the garage door torsion springs always bear the door body of the same weight, only by changing the size of the wheel diameter, that is, changing the torque, can the torsion spring and the door weight be balanced, so a tower wheel must be used.
The torsion spring of the fully vertical lift door needs to be pre-tightened, and its pre-tightening force = door weight (generally 3.5 to 4.5 circles). The length of the wire rope is generally determined according to the drum reel, and it is necessary to ensure that the drum is fully wound from the large circle to the small circle.
3. Semi-vertical lift garage door: It is necessary to install a half-tower wheel to balance the torsion spring torsion and the door weight. When the door is lifted vertically, use the tower wheel part of the half tower wheel, and use the flat wheel part of the half tower wheel when the door sliding part is lifted.
The torsion spring of the semi-vertical lift garage door also needs to be pre-tightened, and its pre-tightening force = the weight of the vertical part of the door body (generally, it is also pre-tightened by 3.5 to 4.5 turns). The winding method of the wire rope is: first from the large circle of the half tower wheel to the small circle, and it should be fully wound, and then continue to be wound on the flat wheel of the half tower wheel. The number of turns on the flat wheel is based on the sliding part of the door body. Lift height to be determined.
CHI is a professional manufacturer of sectional garage door hardwares. Such as hinge, bracket, roller, track, cable drum, torsion spring, chain hoist, window etc. Wholesale Custom Spiral Double Extension Remote Control Spring Rolling Door is one of our hot-product,more details as follow:
|Surface treatment||Plating nickel/ zinc/ black/ gold/ silver/ brass/ chrome, electrop|
|Diameter||2, 2 5/8, 3 3/4, 6|
|Inner Packing: Plastic bag; Carton Box Outer Packing: Cartons, wooden boxes or pallets|
If you want to know more about our products, you can contact us or visit our website anytime.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.